Friday, October 29, 2010

Assesment next Thursday!

Recovering well from surgery and back on track!
A lot has transpired over the last few weeks. I've since made wall peices as well as the first two tunnel books, designed and ordered a perspex box for the first tunnel book, won a $250 tertiary ceramics award for my wall peices at the Canberra Potters Society members exhibition!! that was a huge highlight ;o) - I took some photos but have yet to download them from my camera, so this post will be empty until then!
I've been doing a lot of tests on the keraflex too. Glazing it green and testing both sides of the keraflex - discovered it warps in different ways!
I've glazed on top of the decals with great success in both a earthenware clear and a stoneware clear - in the stoneware the decal has changed colour to warmer/redder tones which is rather nice too.
The china paints are great to work with and the work is much like painting on the old photographs and film strips! I am now also testing baby oil as the mixing medium as it is less toxic ;o) o and much cheaper too lol! Looks good, the difference is it is a runnier oil and needs re-mixing often as it seperates/curdles quickly!
I'll have to add more info later as I really must go and prepare my reports and research details for Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment